Leather Identification and Care by Pawlo Woloszyn.
This 1 day Leather Identification and Cleaning School will cover:
- Leather Identification
- Cleaning Products and Processes
- Quick tips for repairs and restoration
We focus on a structured approach to leather and how best to deal with cleaning, care and restoration as a whole.
Our Leather school is hands on and there will be plenty of time for supervised practice of all elements.
All courses are accompanied by a manual – everything you need for the training sessions is provided as well as lunch and refreshments during your time with us.
Free microscope for every attendee!
There is plenty of time for questions and answers throughout the course.
All about leather
Leather represents a large percentage of furniture sold today
More than 50% of all furniture sold is upholstered in leather and it is now almost a standard interior for cars not just in luxury makes as was once the case. Add to this the handbag and garment markets and we begin to see that what was once perceived as a luxury item has become an everyday product accessible to everyone.
There are many benefits of leather:
- It is more durable than fabric so it lasts longer
- Leather adjusts to body temperature making it very comfortable to sit on
- Leather production these days is very sophisticated which enables manufacturers to create many looks to suit a wide variety of homes and styles
- Leather is now more affordable and there are suites to suit all pockets
- Leather can be cleaned and cared for easily, and when done properly, maintains a high level of appearance throughout its life
- Leather production has changed rapidly over the last 2 decades and has now become very much a fashion product with colours and styles ever changing to meet the demands of the market
Price excludes VAT.
Schools run from 9am-5pm and include lunch and refreshments, please advise if you have any dietary requirements, we are happy to cater for your needs.
Training schools are held at our premises in Hertfordshire, SG8 7SL.
Please see our booking T&C’s here.