A one-day virtual upholstery cleaning training course designed to teach new starters as well as those that want a refresher on the correct way to survey, identify, test and clean upholstery. This is not an infection control course, however it is designed to teach you safe practices in relation to COVID19.
You will learn:
- Appearance – Personal, Equipment & Vehicle
- What to look for during a survey & why you need a survey form
- How to identify your fibres, construction & why
- Flat weave, velvets, velours, flock, tapestry, cotton prints
- Soil levels, wear and fading, soil types
- Dye bleed, wet or dry solvent cleaning, shrinkage, soiling, distortion, fillings
- Chemistry of cleaning, pH scale, correct use of products, dye bleed test
- Different cleaning methods from hot water extraction to dry solvent
- The different types of cleaning tools available
- Basic stain removal
- Stain protection
- Pre & Post information with regards to cleaning
- Risk Assessment & why it’s necessary
- Safe way to work during the continuance of the pandemic
Demonstrations will be carried out using a combination of videos & live demos. A comprehensive manual, Risk Assessment, and Survey Form are all included in the price. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and the course will be interactive between videos/demonstrations.
The course will commence at 8.30am with a break at 10.30am for 15 minutes. An hour lunch break 12.30pm-1.30pm. Then in the afternoon a 10 minute break at 3pm, with an estimated finish at 4.30pm.
Connecting to the course:
The course will be held online via Zoom. You will need a reasonable internet connection and computer/laptop – you may be able use a tablet/iPad but a larger screen will be better. You will need speakers to hear Paul, and we recommend turning off your microphone so others on the course do not hear each other’s background noise. We would recommend setting yourself up in a quiet location so you can pay full attention and not miss any of the course as it will not be possible to record it or repeat much of it. An invitation to join the meeting will be emailed to you, you will need to be on your device and ready – any problems please email [email protected] and we will help you get connected. Zoom may ask you to create a membership or download an app, this is not necessary but it may facilitate quicker connection.
When you book you will need to supply the email address you wish to connect to the course with.
A certificate will be issued to those who complete the course.